Sunday, June 26, 2011

One Flesh

Today is my husband's birthday. I won't say how old he is, except to say that he's not as old as people think due to his salt and pepper hair.


What I will say is that over the past 12 years, he has become an integral, necessary, part of my life. As the Bible verse below says, Larry is one flesh with me. When we are apart, it hurts. It would be like losing a finger to me. I wouldn't know what to do without him.

Here's a list of the qualities I think of when I think of him:
  • Larry is a strong man of God. He is constantly seeking the face of Jesus, praising Him, and sitting at His feet.
  • Larry is my spiritual leader. He is the head of our family as Christ is the head of the church. He leads the kids and I when we need guidance. He tells us when we're out of line, and praises us when we get it right.
  • Larry is my best friend. When I need to talk to someone about something, he is the one I go to. He has an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on.
  • Larry is my earthly provider. He runs his business and works to stay in God's will to bring us financial blessings.
  • Larry is my lover.
  • Larry is the father of my three beautiful children.
  • Larry is my biggest fan. He has done everything he could to support me in my poetry and propel it forward with a website and assistance with my book. He compliments every poem I show him and tells me how proud he is of me.
 Larry is, to me, an example of a Biblical husband. He's not perfect, because only one man has ever been perfect, but he tries. He has a heart for God, a heart for me, and a heart for our children.

Happy birthday, Larry. Thank you for being my husband and loving me like Jesus.

----------

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." - Genesis 2:24

No comments: