Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Perfect Twelve

Twelve years ago I was wide awake, thoughts running through my head of what the day would hold. I was wondering if we'd pulled everything together well, if the cake was going to be good, if my dress was pretty enough, if my hair was going to look nice ... and what I was getting into.

Twelve years later I can tell you it has been one heck of a ride. Our lows have been REALLY low, and our highs have been VERY high. There were days, maybe even years, when I wasn't sure we were gonna make it this far.

But then we turned our marriage over to Jesus. God is good and He has brought our marriage a long way. We still have our rough spots, but they are few and far between now. It will never be perfect, but it's a whole lot better than either of us thought it could be when this journey started on July 17, 1999. And we're not done because He's not done with us.

Jesus had twelve disciples, Jacob had twelve sons, and now I have had twelve years with my earthly beloved. A perfect twelve.

No comments: