Friday, February 20, 2009

music fan ... Some of my favorite songs (Part 5)

  1. Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode - I always wanted someone to tell me, 'All I ever wanted/All I ever needed/Is here in my arms.' I'm still waiting. =)
  2. Winds of Change by The Scorpions - I heard this song for the first time in 8th grade as I was getting ready to change schools and it has held a place in my heart for every time change has been on the horizon.
  3. Cathedral Made of People by Downhere - I am absolutely in love with this song and this album as a whole. It is a great song about how WE make up the church, not the buildings that we worship in. I think if we could hold on to that concept, we might all be a little better off as Christians, with less stress and more love for our God.
  4. My Deliverer is Coming by Rich Mullins - The greatest part of knowing this song has been hearing my girls sing it. It is a wonderful expression of faith in the coming of our Savior and the fact that Rich passed away before it was finished makes it that much more poignant.
  5. Time That is Left by Mark Schultz - We went to a concert featuring Mark in March 2007, and afterwards we started collecting all his CDs. While on a business trip to NY, in July of that year I came across this song and it touched my soul deeply. It made me realize that what I was doing with my life wasn't necessarily pleasing to God, and helped start to steer me back.
  6. Born Again by Third Day - I got this album on my birthday this past year, which was the day after I was baptized. When I heard this song, it just put into words the way I was feeling after the baptism. It was an amazing feeling and such wonderful timing from God.
  7. Sway by Michael Buble - I dream of one day actually being able to dance to this song with Larry. It is just a fun song and I think being able to correctly move to the rhythm would be an awesome experience.
  8. Ties That Bind by Alter Bridge - I'm a rock fan at heart and this song serves that well. I didn't like it for a while after Randy and the kids wore it out, but now I enjoy listening to it again and rocking out!
  9. Sullivan by Caroline's Spine - I have been fascinated by WWII for a long time, and this song, introduced to me by Larry, follows in that vein. Larry actually got to go into a local radio station when Caroline's Spine was there and hang out, getting an autographed picture that hangs in our bedroom.
  10. 2000 Decembers Ago by Joy Williams - This Christmas song is absolutely amazing. It speaks of what it might have been like to be there when Christ was born. The thoughts she brings up in this song are wonderful and bring me close to tears when I hear it.

No comments: