Wednesday, January 21, 2009

homeschool mother ... Lessons from 2008

So we're effectively half way through the school year now, and I've learned a few things. They are as follows:
  • A strict schedule does not work for us. There will be days we wake up unable to get going at exactly 9:00, or are unwilling to move on from a science lesson we're enjoying at precisely 11:00.
  • Language Arts seems to take twice as long as other subjects to finish
  • Just because I like a subject does not mean my children will like it
  • The grading scale is more harsh than I remember
  • School lunch menus concocted at home are awesome
  • Snow days make me laugh now
  • School can (and will) be interrupted by noisy, roughhousing kittens
Connor being home has made things even more interesting. I'll file another report towards the end of the school year, whenever that ends up being.

----------------
Now playing: Jars of Clay - They'll Know We Are Christians by Our Love
via FoxyTunes

No comments: