Saturday, July 18, 2009

everything ... Let's Play Ketchup

Alright, it's time to try and catch you all up on what's been going on lately. So, in lightning round fashion and with lots of pictures:
  • I went on my Emmaus Walk from April 30th to May 3rd. Yes, this is the retreat I was palpably terrified about. On Thursday, I was begging Larry to just take me back home. On Sunday, I was a changed person. Three days there moved me farther along on my journey with Christ than a lifetime on my own. Amazing just does not do the experience justice.
  • We got a new kitten. Her name is Megatron. Yeah, I know, Megatron is a guy robot, but in order for me to get the kitten Larry got to name it. So I just call her Meg. Adorable kitten pictures below!
  • I've started to concentrate on my poetry more seriously. The Poetry of Holli Swank now has it's own blog, it's own Twitter account, and Facebook page. There's even thought of an anthology at the end of year if things go well.
  • My girls are growing up. Brianna turned 9 on June 10th and Erin turned 5 on May 25th. Where has the time gone? I still remember laboring for hours with Brianna, scared to pieces about whether I could be a mommy or not.


  • I've been married for ten years now. On July 17th, we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. Ten years. For the longest time, I had no idea why we were together or how we had stayed together as long as we had. Now, I have no doubt we belong together, and I know that we are together because God put us together and had no intention of letting us mess that up.
Our wedding day
Now

  • We went to a Casting Crowns concert on July 3rd. It was an outdoor event in Indy, which I now know that I don't like. I prefer to be in a seat, with no bugs, closer to the act I'm there to see. John Waller was there, though, and he provided us with one of our new absolute favorite songs, Our God Reigns Here. And I got an awesome T-shirt. That Larry almost ruined with Papa John's Garlic Butter.

  • Larry went to the hospital on June 24th with heart palpatations. It's the first time he's been to the hospital for them since I was in the hospital after having giving birth to Connor. Everything turned out alright though, as you can see by the pictures he made me take with his iPhone.


  • I found new music. A lot of it. Let's make a list!
*Crash (album) by Decyfer Down
*Comatose Comes Alive (album) by Skillet
*By Your Side (song) by Tenth Avenue North - this needs its own post to tell the story of how and when I found it
*Found Faithful (album) by Justin Rizzo
*People Get Ready (song) by Misty Edwards
*Scream (song) by Chris Cornell
*Part of Me (video version) by Chris Cornell
*Our God Reigns Here (song) by John Waller
*Awake (album pre-order) by Skillet - loving the singles 'Hero' and 'Monster' from this
*Holy (song) by Cory Asbury and Matt Gilman
*Where I Belong (song) by Cory Asbury and Matt Gilman
*Stir Up the Flame (song) by Misty Edwards

  • HealingPointe moved to a new building. Again. But we own this one, so this should be the last time for quite a while. Which is good.


Okay, I think that's it for now. That was a lot of typing and picture posting. Have a great weekend and upcoming week, friends!
----------------

Bejeweled 2:

Level 135
14,124,750 points

----------------
Now playing: Misty Edwards - People Get Ready
via FoxyTunes

No comments: