Wednesday, February 18, 2009

music fan ... Some of my favorite songs (Part 3)

  1. When We Dance by Sting - This song proved to be a wonderful inspiration when I was working on a story called, 'Lady Luck' about a B-17 crew in WWII. My ex-boyfriend got me deeply fascinated with the planes of the era and with my loving of writing, I began a novel set in that time. The lines that always make me smile are 'Come and live with me/We'll have children of our own/I would love you more than life/If you'll come and be my wife'.
  2. No More Lonely Nights by Paul McCartney - I've loved this song for a long time; I had the album on cassette and would listen to it on my Walkman at night as I was trying to fall asleep. I dreamed of finding someone that would help me feel that way, and I have. Two actually. Larry and my Lord.
  3. The Other Side of Life by Moody Blues - This song became a favorite after I saw the video on a special about the Moody Blues. The unrelenting beat also really caught my attention. Randy, my mother, and I actually got to hear them perform part of it at a concert in February 2007.
  4. Seven by Revis - The haunting nature of this song drew me to it, and while it is not a religious band, there are religious connotations to this song.
  5. Goodnight Saigon by Billy Joel - I found this song on his Greatest Hits CD and for whatever reason, it's stuck with me. I think the feeling of sadness and the enormity of a war I never even knew might be part of it. I tended to gravitate towards depressing songs in the past, and occasionally still do.
  6. Virtuoso by David Phelps - I know I've made a post about this song, but it had to make the list. His voice is just too good to ignore.
  7. Believe Me Now by Steven Curtis Chapman - I started listening to this after reading that Mac from Third Day did the back-up vocals and have since fallen in love with it. It really speaks to me about my faith and how strong it is NOT at times.
  8. In the Air Tonight by Genesis or nonpoint - I have long enjoyed this song; relished might be a better word. It is deeply rooted in my past, and the lyrics speak to me about someone there.
  9. One Winged Angel from Final Fantasy VII - This song is just cool, much like the character it is written about. Larry introduced me to Final Fantasy a long time ago, and we still have it, waiting on our shelf for a PlayStation so it can be played again. Sephiroth is just a really awesome bad guy, made even better by the backstory in Crisis Core.
  10. What This World Needs (Live) by Casting Crowns - I like the live version of this song better because the conviction is much stronger in it. The song overall has a great message, but that is better expressed in the live version and with more passion.

No comments: