Friday, January 23, 2009

Christian music fan ... Update

I posted about my love for David Phelps' music the other day, but I haven't really talked about other new music I've discovered lately. Let me remedy that.

On Friday, we went to the Wabash Valley International House of Prayer (WVIHOP) for their evening service and they played Call to Worship, originally sung by Matt Redman. I really liked it and after some digging found out the artist and downloaded it.

Lest you think I am only interested in Christian music, I also recently got Trans-Siberian Orchestra's 'Beethoven's Last Night'. I had heard a couple songs from it in the past, but as usual, the whole thing is awesome. I also downloaded the free preview track from their new album, 'Night Castle'. It is in their typical style, perhaps a bit more operatic.

A while back I listened to a preview of Downhere's 'Ending is Beginning' at our local Christian bookstore and absolutely fell in love. From top to bottom this album is great, with wide ranging styles of music. I cannot recommend it enough.

Other songs or albums I've found or been introduced to:
  • True Love (Live) by Phil Wickham on Singalong
  • Revelation (album) by Third Day
  • What This World Needs and The Word is Alive by Casting Crowns on Altar and the Door Live
  • Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) (Live) by Chris Tomlin on Passion: God of This City
  • For the Love of God by Steve Vai
I'll try to keep up as I find new music and pass it on to you!

----------------
Now playing: Third Day - Caught Up in Yourself
via FoxyTunes

No comments: