Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christian music fan ... David who?

So, early in the Christmas season I was listening to Yahoo Launchcast's Christian Holiday station, and a song called, 'One Wintry Night' came on. I was instantly drawn to it and turned it up louder. I looked at the artist, David Phelps, and the name sounded vaguely familiar. It was almost time for church though, so I put it aside and vowed to download the song that night.

When I came back to it, I remembered that months earlier on one of the XM channels of DirectTV, I had heard an amazing song by that artist. I looked through my documents and found the one with songs I wanted, and there it was. Virtuoso (Live). So I went and downloaded it from Amazon, and shared it with the family. They loved it!

Then I went to YouTube and was able to find video of it being performed, which also is amazing. And as is always the case, YouTube recommended other videos for me, and thus the downward spiral began. I spent hours watching various videos of David, all showcasing his staggering talent, staying up well past my bedtime. I'll share two of them with you at the bottom of the post so that you can enjoy them too.

I cannot say enough about David's music. I have yet to find a song that didn't touch me somehow or give me goosebumps when I listened to it. The power behind his voice is remarkable and I see the Spirit being poured out of him when he sings. The glory of the Lord is everywhere in what he does and he is using his gifts for that purpose. I hope that you can find the same joy in his music that I have.

Videos:







No comments: